2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

How to create a Custom Font to be used with Custom Font Script

GIMP Tutorials
Forum rules
Tutorials must be created by you and your own idea.
If you got idea from elsewhere and revised your own version of tutorial, please include reference and credit original authors.
For example if you found a Photoshop tutorial and wanted to write a GIMP version, you must credit the original Photoshop tutorial.
trandoductin
Forum Member

Re: How to create a Custom Font to be used with Custom Font Script

Post#11 by trandoductin » 17 Oct 2016, 02:28

I described the size specs in the above link ... just different logos, I think i'll keep the head facing head as the banner for now.
T.
please don't message me, message tim(admin) instead as I am tim(admin). I don't check this account very often.
To message tim(admin), click here. Thanks.

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#12 by RJKD » 18 Oct 2016, 20:07

Good questions Pat. Well - I just could not get the script to run - until I realized my space had no space i.e..png Thank you T fro a great script
GL_shattered.jpg
GL_shattered.jpg # (99 KiB) Viewed 3550 times (Thumbnail | Recognize)

tim
GL Blogger

Post#13 by tim » 18 Oct 2016, 20:16

Yes Rod forgot that if you check your Error Console it should give you a message like "space.png" not found or something similar.
btw i am not changing banner, just the logos GL in front of the title "GIMP LEARN" and the slogan "Where we can all learn from each other".
I have 2 reason one i want to keep the face facing the other face standard so people can identify and 2 well i just don't know how to change the whole banner :lol:
aka Tin

RJKD
Tutorial Creator

Post#14 by RJKD » 22 May 2017, 18:48

Recently I read another member's post which said to use 'Font to layers' when creating a custom font. Can someone who know how best to do this please advise me. I quite typically screwed up at my last attempt and would really welcome a successful outcome with the next. Thankyou.
EDIT... I've worked out how to use the filters and in which order, so I think I'm good to go. :hammer_head:

GimpDersleriNasılyapılır
Newly Registered

Post#15 by GimpDersleriNasılyapılır » 13 Jan 2021, 19:25

https://prnt.sc/wmu85m
I'm wrong somewhere but where?
GIMP Learn rocks...

Blighty
Forum Member

Post#16 by Blighty » 13 Jan 2021, 20:19

GimpDersleriNasılyapılır wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 19:25
Do you have “random layer that starts with” installed? If not, that may be the problem.

If you do have it installed: using a character that does not exist causes that error.

I suggest using Custom Font version 16 for now. It does not call “random layer that starts with”. Also, it will tell you which character does not exist.
GIMP Learn rocks...

GimpDersleriNasılyapılır
Newly Registered

Post#17 by GimpDersleriNasılyapılır » 13 Jan 2021, 20:21

Blighty wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 20:19
GimpDersleriNasılyapılır wrote:
13 Jan 2021, 19:25
Do you have “random layer that starts with” installed? If not, that may be the problem.

If you do have it installed: using a character that does not exist causes that error.

I suggest using Custom Font version 16 for now. It does not call “random layer that starts with”. Also, it will tell you which character does not exist.
Thanks!
GIMP Learn rocks...

GimpDersleriNasılyapılır
Newly Registered

Post#18 by GimpDersleriNasılyapılır » 13 Jan 2021, 20:28

gimp learn very good.
GIMP Learn rocks...

Issabella
Script Tester

Post#19 by Issabella » 14 Jan 2021, 09:43

GimpDersleriNasılyapılır, Here I wrote the first steps to create a custom font. Is this what you want?
Attachments
First Steps to do a Custom Font.pdf #
(398.13 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Issabella

Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.

skinnyhouse
Script Coder

Post#20 by skinnyhouse » 15 Jan 2021, 11:38

GimpDersleriNasılyapılır:

I think it could help others to focus help for you if we knew what you were hoping to do with the custom fonts in the first instance.

Do you want to just apply the custom fonts - if so is it as a small amount of text as part of a bigger image or is it lines of text perhaps as a card or verse of poetry?

Or do you want to know how to create custom fonts in the first place?

Regards...

GIMP/GL:  🡆 Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic